Screenwriting, Filmmaking, Life

-------------

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Where does this journey begin?

I could get dramatic and refer to the fact that at age four I began writing phonetically. Pffft! So does everyone.

I think I'll just KISS it and begin last fall, when I felt like writing scripts again. This would be my third foray into the world of screenwriting, and let's hope the third time's a charm. What do I really do to get involved again, as I must keep my day job this time. The first attempts, I was not so sensible.

I know. I know, and we're not going to dwell in the past, remember? There I was thinking, "How do I do this?" I began searching online and signed up for a writer's newsletter. In one issue, there was an ad for a screenwriting contest. With nothing to lose but the $40 US fee, I submitted an entry.

That was an okay thing to do. Nothing happened with the contest, but having done that I was open for a lot of web ads concerning screenwriting. I could not believe my eyes the day I saw a FREE tele-seminar about doing a rewrite. I knew in my heart of hearts that the screenplay I'd submitted to the contest really needed that kind of attention, and I thought, what better place to start? It's just one phone call, and I can use whatever I learn to work on re-writing the romantic comedy ASHES.

I marked this very important day in my calendar, I told all my friends, I got excited, I looked forward to it, and finally I dialed the number at the appointed time. My life has been richer and crazier and busier and love-lier ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment